Monday 7 November 2011

Is It The End Of The Road For John Still?

After reading the forum for the last few weeks I think we are all dreading not asking the question because we don't want to. So I'll ask it put my case forward and then you can all vote on the tab on the side, it's annoyonmous so no ones name will get out and I'll publish the vote at the end of the week.

Is this the end of the road for John Still?

There you go I said it, I didn't enjoy it but we need to have this conversation as fans and decide whether we are going to back the man till the end, by that I mean relegation, or are we going to turn on him and force him out of this club and hope and pray that our messiah is awaiting around the corner for us.

I've been interviewed a few times over the weekend by other websites about what has gone wrong this year, I won't bore you with my replies as I'll post the links on the forum when they publish them. I'm no one special by the way, I'm like you lot I care about this club, it's in my blood, why they asked me I dont know but what I do know is that when I spoke about this club of ours I got a real sense of pride at what we've achieved.

I could feel the passion in my voice when I spoke about what we've done, how many players we have progressed and what it means to be a Dagger and then it dawned on me, the problem is that we've forgotten that. Winning at Wembley will live with me forever it was an occasion that brought me to tears of joy BUT if I'd had known where we would be two years later because of that I wouldn't have acceppeted that it was worth the price we have had to pay.

We shouldn't be playing the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton in the league we should be in the conference playing Ebbsfleet and Forest Green shouldn't we? The reason we aren't is because of John Still and I find it disrespectful of what he has done for this club when people say they want him out.

Look at our history, look at where we've come from, have we forgotten that already after 1 season in League 1?. Yes the team is shite at the moment we know that, but it will change and he deserves the chance too put it right, we owe him that at least because without him we wouldn't have the memories we have, seen the players we've seen and no one would know the name Dagenham and Redbrdige outisde of the conference.

It may get worse before it gets better, so what everything worth having is worth going through the pain barrier for. Don't give up on hi yet, he doesn't deserve that, give him time, I know its hard but we are all far too emotional now let's get a few wins and see what happens from there then we can decide.

Well that's my case for sticking with John Still you can vote on the tab on the right it's free and no one will know its you I promise. Let's get this out in the open and vote on it.

Anthony

5 comments:

  1. Head says its time up.Heart says give him his chance.What are the club doing to support him ? Maybe its get rid of the chairman for lack of foresight.

    Arnu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest he has made some bad decisions in relation to player signings pre season why sign a player so badly injured he is not likely to play until late November why sign an old pro also based on age is likely to be injury prone why leave the defence short in numbers with lose of Antwi also why is it our players when they get injured seem to be out for months at a time not weeks do we have a problem with the way injuries are dealt with or is a cop out for certain players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we need to give js the time to put things right i know we are very poor at the moment but from what ive seen of the teams we have played apart from southend they have all been average at best and if we can find some form we would be able to compete in this league comfortably

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to decide what is best for the club - do we stick or twist? My heart says give the big man a chance but my head says we can't continue like this. Mind you my memory also reminds me what happened last time Stilly left the club. Cusack and Carr that is what. Makes me shudder just thinking about it. Damn - the players deserve a serious kicking for putting us in this position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think if that results dont pick up in the next five games then i hate to say it but i think john still should go and maybe get steve tilson in if john does go though he will be in our hearts as a true dagger

    ReplyDelete